Electrical Safety at Christmas
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
Christmas is finally here and being able to spend it with our families this year makes it even better.
As much as we all deserve a relaxing Christmas break with our family, we must be aware of electrical safety hazards over the festive period.
We’ve put together a list of tips to keep you safe over the Christmas period:
- Make sure your lights are safe, checking for damage or loose wires.
- If you need to replace light bulbs, make sure they are the same type and rating as the original bulb.
- Any outdoor lights should be connected via a 30Ma RCD protected socket, and if possible, keep all plugs and transformers indoors.
- Lights can heat up due to overuse, so when you go to bed or leaving the house switch them all off to allow the lights to cool down.
- Try not to overload sockets and extension leads as they can become a tripping hazard (especially after a Baileys or two)!
- Try not to charge your portable appliances, such as your laptop or phone, overnight as overcharging can cause some adapters to become a fire risk.
- And if you are doing your hair for your big night out, remember to turn your straighteners and curlers off!
Here at KWE, we really would like to emphasise the importance of electrical safety, not just at Christmas but all year round.
If you require any electrical work on your property or business in the new year give us a call on 01670 856049.